@ Long and Short Term Substance Abuse Treatment
Featured Rehab Centers
A1 Suboxone Facility
Alo House Recovery Centers
Henkel Adult Dependence Therapy
Essense 12-Step Recovery
Wayman Alcohol Rehab Center
Cocaine AddictionAddiction Causes: Emotional, Physical, Biological?
Causes Of Adddiction - The Dangers of Meth
Addiction Or Dependence
What is Methamphetamine?
Treatment Centers Promote Recovery for Client and Family
Addiction Reference - Prescription Pill Addiction
From Cocaine Use Into Cocaine Addiction
Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Abuse
Heroin AddictionMany States Seeing a Spike in Heroin Deaths
Can You Recognize Symptoms of a Heroin Overdose?
Dangerous Effects of Vicodin and other Opioid Painkiller Abuse
Even Legitimate Use of Painkillers Can Lead to Full Blown Drug Addiction
Grandson Age 7 Brings Grandma's Heroin to School
Woman Didn't Let Hospital Stay Get in the Way of Selling Heroin
Drug Addiction Often Leads to Theft to Fund Addict's Habit
Survivor of Heroin Overdose Shares Her Story to Help Others
Meth AddictionFemale Twosome Arrested for Cooking Meth in House of Worship
Dangerous Side Effects Associated with Synthetic Bath Salts
Granddaughter Ingests Tea Laced with Meth Grandma Arrested
Meth Lab Uncovered by Authorities in Retirement Community
Liquefied Meth Gushing Into Central CA
Unusual Behavior from Meth Induced High Leads to Woman's Arrest
Authorities Discover Sophisticated Meth Lab in Million Dollar Residence
Indiana Outranks Missouri in Meth Seizures
Principles of Effective Treatment for Substance Abuse and Addiction
Research is being done all the time always looking for better ways to improve treatment associated with drug abuse and addiction. Since the middle of the 70s research has shown that treatment helps individuals that are addicted to drugs and other substances. Treatment helps patients to stop using drugs, avoid relapse, and patients are able to successfully recover and restore their lives.
In order for this to take place, research tells us that there are important guidelines that have be set in place which form the basis of any effective treatment program. These crucial guidelines or principles include the following:
- Addiction is a complicated but treatable disease that affects the user's behaviors and brain function.
- There is no one particular treatment that's appropriate or suitable for everyone.
- It's necessary that treatment for substance abuse and addiction be readily available.
- Effective treatment has to address all of the individual's needs, as well as their substance use issues.
- The patient needs to be able to remain in treatment for a sufficient period of time, this is critical.
- Various behavioral therapies and individual or group (or both) counseling are the most common methods of treatment for drug abuse.
- Medications are a very important part of treatment for many people suffering from substance abuse issues; this is especially true when medications are combined with counseling and other behavioral therapies.
- An individual's treatment plan has to be evaluated frequently and changed when necessary to make sure that it meets with the patients changing needs.
- Many people that are addicted to drugs have mental disorders as well.
- Medically assisted detox is only the first stage of treatment for addiction because detox alone has little effect when it comes to changing long term drug abuse.
- An individual doesn't have to volunteer for Treatment in order for it to be effective.
- Because relapse does happen, it's important to monitor the patient continuously during treatment.
- Patients in treatment programs should be evaluated for the presence of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases and also provide patients with targeted risk reduction counseling in order to help them change their behaviors that put them at risk of contracting or spreading infectious diseases.
Reseources & References
|Drug Rehab & Detox Programs by State|
|District Of Columbia