@ Prescription Medications and Pain Pill Abuse
@ Inhalants and Huffing
@ Principles of Effective Treatment for Substance Abuse and Addiction
Featured Rehab Centers
Regained Spirit Center
Perrystone Residential Facility
Frost Intensive Addiction Therapy
Kansas City, MO
Gulls Opiate Recovery Rehab
Herber Springs, AR
Cedar Lake Holistic Center
Cocaine AddictionAddiction Causes: Emotional, Physical, Biological?
Causes Of Adddiction - The Dangers of Meth
Addiction Or Dependence
What is Methamphetamine?
Treatment Centers Promote Recovery for Client and Family
Addiction Reference - Prescription Pill Addiction
From Cocaine Use Into Cocaine Addiction
Signs and Symptoms of Cocaine Abuse
Heroin AddictionSubstitute Teacher High on Heroin Passes Out in Front of Students in Class
Florida Heroin Deaths Increased Considerably in 2012
Heroin Overdose Car Crash Involving Two Small Children
Children Accidentally and Tragically Ingest Buprenorphine Every Year
Recent Heroin Busts Can End Up Saving Lives
Effective Treatment for Opioid Addiction
Heroin Use, Abuse and Addiction
"Black Shadow", A Dangerous Heroin Mix in Southeast Michigan
Meth AddictionRecovering Meth Addict has Beautiful Smile Again
Texas Mother Seeking Help for 11 Year Old Son Addicted to Meth
Dad Sentenced for Driving High on Meth and Causing Wreck Endangering Daughters Lives
Birthday Card Received by Elderly Couple in Phoenix Contains Meth
Officer Overcome by Meth Lab Fumes at Sunset Hills Hotel
High Potency Liquid Meth Bust in Colorado by Denver DEA
Meth Ingredient Requires Identification in Southern New England
Abusing Meth in High Doses Can Be Life-Threatening
Principles of Effective Treatment for Substance Abuse and Addiction
Research is being done all the time always looking for better ways to improve treatment associated with drug abuse and addiction. Since the middle of the 70s research has shown that treatment helps individuals that are addicted to drugs and other substances. Treatment helps patients to stop using drugs, avoid relapse, and patients are able to successfully recover and restore their lives.
In order for this to take place, research tells us that there are important guidelines that have be set in place which form the basis of any effective treatment program. These crucial guidelines or principles include the following:
- Addiction is a complicated but treatable disease that affects the user's behaviors and brain function.
- There is no one particular treatment that's appropriate or suitable for everyone.
- It's necessary that treatment for substance abuse and addiction be readily available.
- Effective treatment has to address all of the individual's needs, as well as their substance use issues.
- The patient needs to be able to remain in treatment for a sufficient period of time, this is critical.
- Various behavioral therapies and individual or group (or both) counseling are the most common methods of treatment for drug abuse.
- Medications are a very important part of treatment for many people suffering from substance abuse issues; this is especially true when medications are combined with counseling and other behavioral therapies.
- An individual's treatment plan has to be evaluated frequently and changed when necessary to make sure that it meets with the patients changing needs.
- Many people that are addicted to drugs have mental disorders as well.
- Medically assisted detox is only the first stage of treatment for addiction because detox alone has little effect when it comes to changing long term drug abuse.
- An individual doesn't have to volunteer for Treatment in order for it to be effective.
- Because relapse does happen, it's important to monitor the patient continuously during treatment.
- Patients in treatment programs should be evaluated for the presence of HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, and other infectious diseases and also provide patients with targeted risk reduction counseling in order to help them change their behaviors that put them at risk of contracting or spreading infectious diseases.
Reseources & References
|Drug Rehab & Detox Programs by State|
|District Of Columbia